Senior Mechanical Engineering Project Manager
Atlanta, GA 30301 US
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineering Project Manager for a full-time position in the Greater Atlanta area. The Senior Mechanical Engineering Project Manager works independently, may oversee the entire HVAC/Utilities design process or assist as a technical expert on a specialized design, and work on several concurrent projects.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Assesses project requirements, breaks projects into tasks and works with Project Managers to determine scope of work while overseeing budget and staffing.
- Writes scopes of work for mechanical designs (HVAC/Utilities) based on preliminary review and client meetings.
- Prepares engineering studies and schematic design for new HVAC/Utilities systems and analyzes the operation of existing systems.
- Works with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required.
- Assigns and reviews the work of the project design teams, checks the progress of the work and alerts Project Managers of scope changes or additional services.
- Reviews contractor applications for payments and maintains a thorough understanding of the construction process.
- Prepares or reviews construction budgets based on the project scope.
- At least 8 years of proven mechanical design experience within the commercial construction fields.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) is strongly preferred.
- HVAC and/or Utilities design experience.
Please apply for immediate consideration. Thank you!