Dallas, FL 75082 US
- Frequently communicates with assignees and HR contacts, often serving as main point of contact. Can respond to questions directly, without additional research.
- Provides guidance to assignees and HR contacts regarding proprietary systems and case processing – understand how and what client is seeing from their system access.
- Thorough understanding of multiple communication procedures and requirements for assignees and HR contacts; reviews work of Immigration Assistants/Paralegals.
- Inputs client services rendered and sends to Accounting for processing.
- Demonstrates mastery of multiple case types, continually builds on knowledge and develops expertise in new areas; independently handles cases; teaches and mentors others; coordinates flow of cases and oversees project (Case load may decrease in volume when management responsibilities increase).
- Recognized for their expertise in several areas of practice and, therefore; serves as a team and practice group resource.
- Processes a high volume of cases and works on cases of increasing complexity and variation; coordinates work for a major client and/or multiple client(s), and is responsible for an increasingly larger scope of work.
- Evaluates problematic cases and proactive provides strategies and/or solutions to issues, partnering with Attorney as needed.
- Prepares forms, letters, documents and correspondence for attorney review; adapts tools and resources for casework which deviates from templates; applies knowledge of BAL practices and contributes new best practices and contributes new best practices.
- Leverages BAL expertise to partner with Knowledge Management in developing new materials.
- Manages status of all filed applications and petitions and finalizes documents after attorney review.
- Utilizes document and data management systems to prepare, monitor, and record all aspects of client casework as per BAL policy; reviews work of Immigration Assistants/Paralegals.
- Prepares internal caseload reports for management; generates in-depth reports for internal and external use to serve as effective quality assurance and to assist in client management. Manipulates the date for attorney review.
- Shares process flow with assignees; Identifies problematic cases and discusses strategies and/or solutions with Attorney, and at times prepares memos for attorney.
- Performs independent research to obtain information such as background on a company or industry, current wages, processing procedures, standard processing times, etc.; reviews research performed by others.
- Initiates contact with government agencies to obtain necessary information alerts attorney regarding potential process delays/problems and ensures these are addressed and resolved.
- Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team. Provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions. Is timely with information.
- Is good at establishing clear directions. Sets stretching objectives. Distributes the workload appropriately. Lays out the work in a well-planned and organized manner. Is a clear communicator and maintains two-way dialogue with others on the work and results. Brings out the best in people.
- Acts as a mentor and guide on a day-to-day basis for team members. Provides developmental feedback to others directly related to work on specific area dos practice. Involves team members in achieving project goals and timelines as a way to learn and contribute to the process. Provides orientation to new employees. Evaluates content and delivery methods for training programs.
Minimum Education Level:
- Bachelor’s degree + 1-year law-related experience under licensed attorney; or, PL certificate from ABA approved program.
- Requires 5+ years of U.S. corporate immigration experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate mastery of Paralegal skills.
- Have received performance reviews at the “Excellent” level in the areas of Quality, Quantity, and Professionalism for the past two years.
- Proven ability to handle a high volume of cases.
- Proven ability to become thoroughly proficient in handling complex, challenging, and VIP cases.
- Proven ability to manage corporate clients as it relates to area of specialization.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Team practice.
- Ability to quickly absorb, learn and become skilled at a variety of legal work.
- Proven ability to be the “Go To” person on Team.
- Able and willing to share knowledge with others and effectively communicate policies/procedures/protocols to all.
- Capable of highly independent work.