Boston, MA 02110 US
Performs a broad range of secretarial and administrative support for several attorneys in the Wealth Management area. Assists attorney(s) with duties including but not limited to transcription, typing, filing and data entry. Provides calendar management support for assigned attorneys and may consistently interact with clients via the phone or in person. Organizes and maintains all files relating to practice and administrative matters in accordance to attorney preferences.
- Provides general secretarial support to assigned attorney(s) which may include typing and drafting documents, answering phones, scheduling appointments, calendar management, dictation, opening and distributing Deals with sensitive, confidential information and ensures that day to day support for team runs smoothly and effectively.
- Prepares legal documents, correspondence, memos, letters and Assists with drafting and preparing documents such as wills, estates, and trusts. Establishes and maintains files and enters data into a case management system. Assists in preparing written and oral presentations. Takes dictation as necessary and transcribes all correspondence. Organizes, summarizes and indexes documents. Sends and retrieves documents from Record Center as needed and follows work flow procedures as it relates to opening/closing matters and generating engagement/disengagement letters.
- Assumes accountability for all incoming and outgoing calls; answers phone, deals with routine inquires for both internal and external contacts; refers calls to other contacts as needed and takes thorough Utilizes strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to ensure information is obtained and relayed in a professional manner. Maintains a courteous and service driven demeanor at all times.
- Maintains attorney(s) calendar and contact lists as Arranges all aspects of both internal and external client meetings and conferences. Stays apprised of calendars and actively communicates changes or reminders as needed. Assumes expertise of Firm calendar management software.
- If needed, coordinates all business related travel arrangements for direct report attorneys.
- Maintains familiarity with legal terminology, state and federal court filing rules, basic legal procedure and law firm document Has knowledge of legal document formats such as contracts, agreements, briefs, summonses, complaints, and motions.
- Ensures a high level of service when interacting with clients, opposing counsel and other related internal and external contacts. Maintains discretion and sound judgment when interacting with others both external and internal to the Firm. Assumes a helpful, proactive and professional manner at all times when dealing with both internal and external clients. Supports and cultivates service standards as expected by the Firm.
- Operates standard office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, calculators, and uses required software applications to effectively perform job Records, edits, and submits timesheets through Carpe Diem software to the time and billing system.
- Supports team work not only within the practice area but also in the Firm as a Assists others with questions, projects and basic task work consistently. Takes the initiative to orient new employees, secretaries and associates regarding Firm processes and procedures.
- Takes initiative to build on existing skills through both self-directed development as well as Firm sponsored training Shows willingness to share knowledge or specialty with others in the Firm.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Works proactively with others to support efforts within a department or function of the Firm.
- Organizes and prioritizes assignments and contributes to the department’s ability to meet or exceed goals and standards.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends and developments affecting the area of specialization.
- Uses innovative thinking and exercises sound judgment to achieve results.
- Minimum High School Diploma, college degree 3 to 4 years of administrative or secretarial experience in a fast paced organization, preferably a professional services setting.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, Internet, presentation and time and billing Professional experience with Carpe Diem, Elite, Outlook, MSWord.
- Typing speed of 70 WPM or more with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to balance customer service while delivering high results and productivity.
- Effective oral and writing communication skills with strong knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and legal terminology.
- Demonstrated flexibility and the ability to handle complex, multiple tasks for several individuals with different work styles. Openness to change pace quickly while maintaining strong organization and attention to detail.
- Team player and the willingness to support others and take on additional responsibilities as needed.