Chicago, IL 60007 US
Now hiring for Electrical Engineers in the Chocago area for local engineering firm. Successful candidate will have experience working under senior members of the Engineering design team to prepare a concise set of project documents. They should have the ability to analyze and understand design intent in order to produce efficient and effective engineering design solutions. They collaborate with other professional disciplines and have opportunities to coordinate the design through all phases of the project using their knowledge of building engineering systems, building materials, building codes and construction technologies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Converts moderately complex schematics and/or design sketches and develops and establishes the engineering building details that meet quality parameters, project timelines and budgetary requirements
- Performs basic engineering activities such as calculations, code research, material and building systems research, laying out components and calculation of program and building areas
- Performs site surveys and field reviews to accurately document existing and new construction conditions
- Provides assistance to the architect by providing project change documentation during contract administration
- Works effectively in a team by supporting other team members
- Gains familiarity with current design trends, building systems and code changes to improve skills and implements them on project work
- Represents organization and interacts in a professional manner with client, sub-consultant and contractor representatives
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of electrical engineering experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit
- Commercial and Retail experience, a plus
Please apply for immediate consideration. Thank you!