Akron, OH 44223 US
We are looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer for a full time, direct hire position in the Akron, Ohio area. Successful candidate will provide critical engineering support to the design, construction, and enhancement of manufacturing operations.
- Work with multi-function engineering teams solving technical issues at existing operating facilities.
- Work with multi-function engineering teams on the engineering and design of electrical power distribution systems for facilities. You may be responsible for performing the engineering, design, equipment specification, construction support, and commissioning yourself or will perform in an “owner’s role” by supporting (or being embedded with) a detailed engineering and design firm partner.
- Specific tasks that you may be assigned / lead / support include:
- Site surveys of existing power distribution systems
- Single line development
- Specification writing for engineered equipment such as MV and LV switchgear, MCCs, motors, generators, UPS systems, adjustable speed drives, transformers, heat tracing systems, lighting, fire alarm, etc.
- Vendor approval drawing reviews
- Equipment inspections at vendor manufacturing facilities
- Electrical load lists
- Area classification report / drawings
- Motor control center schematics / templates
- Electrical system power studies
- Switchgear and MCC intelligent networks
- Project scopes of works, bills of material, equipment take offs, estimate preparation and reviews all the way through design deliverables to construction and the final operating facility.
Educational Qualifications: BS or MS in Electrical Engineering from an ABET-accredited Electrical Engineering program.
Qualifications / Competency:
- 5+ years of experience in the manufacturing industry with working knowledge of electrical equipment (can include co-op or internship experience).
- Ability to perform short circuit, load flow and voltage drop calculations.
- Ability to read electrical drawings and create them in sketch form if necessary to convey meaning and information (i.e. conceptual single lines, motor control schematics, engineered control panels, custom systems, interconnection diagrams, block diagrams).
- Demonstrated ability to write an engineered equipment specification for a piece of electrical equipment.
- Working knowledge of NFPA 70 and 70E.
- Familiarity with grounding and bonding systems as well as electrical systems that are solidly grounded, low-resistance grounded, and high-resistance grounded.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and collaborate with others.
Please apply for immediate consideration. Thank you!