Manchester, NH 03101 US
We are looking for an experienced Construction Superintendent for a direct hire position in the Greater Manchester, New Hampshire area. The Superintendent oversees all field operations on a project to ensure that self-performed and subcontracted trade work is in compliance with contract documents and the project schedule. Superintendents also implement and enforce safety and quality control policies among all employees and subcontractors.
- Supervise the timely and cost effective installation of the contracted work of either 1) the total project or, due to size, scale and complexity, 2) a particular scope(s), subcontractor(s), or other portion(s) of the project
- Provide on-the-job training opportunities for Assistant Superintendents and Project/Office Engineers. Encourages and/or participates in staff training and development
- Develop a plan for sequence of work. Develop project schedule. Plan and organize project work to assure all work is in place in accordance with contract documents.
- Have working knowledge of owner contract, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Know the scheduled delivery dates for all critical path material and equipment.
- Know submittal schedule.
- Update project schedule monthly and in accordance with contract documents.
- Control field costs and subcontract work. Supervise field work force to assure all work is put in place in the most cost efficient manner.
- Schedule and monitor field productivity.
- Have good working knowledge of equipment.
- Implement safety program. Conduct regular safety inspections to assure all working conditions and work habits are in compliance with company, contract and government standards. Take remedial action when required.
- Implement the company’s safety policies and procedures and corporate QC policies and programs.
- Assist in resolution of scope conflicts.
- Participate in the project management functions.
- Assure punch list is completed in a timely manner.
- Participate in marketing proposals and presentations
- 5+ years of experience with a commercial contractor or equivalent industry experience
- In depth knowledge of the construction process including scheduling, contract administration, equipment, manpower
- Experience with a commercial contractor or equivalent industry experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to lead field operations
- In depth knowledge of the construction process including scheduling, contract administration, equipment, manpower, etc.
- Working knowledge of applicable regulations (i.e., OSHA)
Please apply for immediate consideration. Thank you!