Phoenix, AZ 85034 US
We are currently hiring for an Auditor for a full time role in the Greater Phoenix, Arizona area. The Auditor will be a critical team member responsible for audit testing and execution of operational audits to strengthen the internal control environment for our core business processes and project audits to ensure compliance with our company’s policies. We are seeking an individual that thrives in a team environment, has excellent communication skills, and proactively builds strong relationships which are essential to the delivery of our objectives. The Staff Internal Auditor directly reports to the Internal Audit Director.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides high quality, professional day-to-day substantive, and compliance testing of internal audit engagements in alignment with the company’s audit methodology and policies.
- Prepares high quality internal audit work papers and reports that provide evidence audit procedures performed and support the related audit findings and recommendations.
- Identifies any financial and operational inefficiencies and improvements that would be valuable recommendations to management for corrective actions.
- Participates in audit planning including risk assessment, analytical review, and prioritization of key audit issues.
- Provides support for other compliance and advisory activities for management and provides recommendations for corrective actions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Knowledge of audit practices and procedures and a willingness to develop these skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent written communication to be used in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Action oriented and full of energy to seek new challenges but remains focused on attainable and measurable improvements.
- Exhibits behaviors of honesty, commitment to goal achievement and effective relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to use analysis, experience, and logical methods to solve challenging problems and can incorporate new methods for continuous improvement, both individually and in a team environment.
- Pursues goals and objectives with energy, taking ownership of actions and willing to take decisive action even in the face of resistance or setbacks to push for results.
- Ability to lead by example, acknowledge and assume responsibility for successes and failures in terms of actions, decisions, processes, and results.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related business field.
- Two years of relevant accounting/auditing experience; preferably public accounting or construction accounting.
- CPA, CIA, CISA or other relevant certification preferred or firm plans to obtain.