Mt Laurel Township, NJ 08054 US
Essential functions include, but are not limited to the below:
- Research and interpret facts and law dealing with intricate problems and situations involving litigation, including defense of complex injury actions.
- Perform analysis and make or suggest opinions that impact client.
- Research and prepare memoranda on a variety of legal issues.
- Draft correspondence in response to questions and/or requests for information from clients, attorneys, judges, officials and/or agencies.
- Draft and answer written discovery.
- Represent client in legal proceedings that may involve court appearances, administrative hearings, depositions and meetings.
- Prepare and enter daily time entries.
Requirements include, but are not limited to the below:
- 5+ years' experience in medical malpractice. The preferred candidate has a mid-to-large law firm experience with immediately transferrable skills.
- Law degree from an accredited law school with admission to the New Jersey Bar. Additional Bar admissions are a plus, but not required.
- Litigation experience required. Trial experience a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written form with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and to establish work priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work professionally with court officials, judges, attorneys and the general public, and to maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work within established systems and processes involving extensive collaboration with other attorneys, paralegals and office staff.
- Work to generate new clients through individual and firm-wide networking and marketing efforts.
- Comfortable meeting with clients and public speaking.
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial.
- Commitment to maintaining a high-level of proficiency in the most current and advanced legal techniques.